Tuesday, October 20, 2009

French Apple Pie

As a part of me updating more frequently, I am going to try and post recipes that I make that are delicious. 

Yesterday I made this recipe of French Apple Pie which came from my Betty Crocker cookbook. 
It is amazing, one of the best apple pies I have ever had.




Here is the recipe...

Ingredients for Pie:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
6 medium thinly sliced peeled tart apples (I used Granny Smith)
Honey

Ingredients for Topping:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup firm butter
Dash of cinnamon


1. Make your favorite pie crust recipes for a one-crust pie. (I prefer ones that use all butter and no shortening)
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.  Stir in apples.  Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.   Pour some honey over the top of the apples.
4. Make pie topping, in a small bowl mix flour, sugar and cinnamon.  Add in butter with a fork or pastry cutter until crumbly. 
5. Spoon topping evenly onto pie. 
6. Bake pie for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve warm.

Note: In the last 10-15 minutes of baking it may be necessary to place foil on top of the pie to prevent the topping from browning too much.  I personally did not need to do this so just make sure to check on the pie during that time.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment