Monday, June 14, 2010

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

While on my vacation I decided to read this book.  I had never heard of it or really seen it anywhere, but it was on display at a used bookstore that we go to frequently, so I decided to go for it.  And it was really good.  It was funny and entertaining and a little sad.  It is about the pathetic life of Oscar, but the author made it comical.  At least that is my opinion.  It was a good vacation read because it wasn't very long (around 300 pages) and it was a quick read.  There are some references that I did not get because Oscar and his family are all Dominicans.  The book references many famous Dominicans that I have not heard of but it was still very enjoyable. 

So if you are looking for something new and different I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment