Monday, August 23, 2010

Life

Sorry for the lack of posting lately, life has gotten a bit busy.  Since being back from Breckenridge I have felt a little overwhelemed.  I was covering for my boss that was gone for a week and a half right when I returned to work.  It wasn't that the job itself is hard but we have been short staffed with many people on vacations and I have a certain co-worker that makes every job difficult.  But he is back now so I don't have to really deal with her anymore, thank goodness. 

I also have been trying to mentally prepare for grad school starting today.  Yes it starts today and I am terrified.  I feel like I know nothing and am going to be the stupid one in the group.  I sure hope it doesn't end up like that but we will see.  I have been to an orientation, gotten my id, and finished up financial aid items.  But I still don't feel ready. I will keep you posted though as the semester goes on.

And last weekend we had another round of visitors, my sister and her two kids came out for the weekend.  It was good seeing the kiddos again before school started.  We went swimming one day and mini golfing the other.  It was fun and exhausting. 

And where did this summer go?  I feel like it went way to fast and I did absolutely nothing during it.   I always have these big plans for summer and then they always fall flat.  I guess that is what happens when you work full time. 

I wish I knew everything would slow down soon, but that is the exact opposite of what is going to happen I know.  At least I will be cutting back hours at work now that school in starting. 

So I will try to be better about posting more frequently, as long as I feel I have something interesting to post.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see a post this evening. I thought of you today as you start grad school; I can hardly believe you were terrified -- you're so smart & capable there will be no problem! And as far as not doing anything this summer; you cooked delicious meals for us in Breckenridge and there's nothing more important. :-)
    We do hope to hear more about how school goes.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete