Thursday, September 23, 2010

10 weeks


So here I am at ten weeks.  No that is not a baby bump, just some massive bloating that gets worse and worse as the day goes on.  At the beginning of this week I went in for my second appointment with the midwife.   She went over test results from my first visit and everything looks great she said, my iron content is really good, I have very good blood pressure, etc.  And I actually lost a pound, which she acted like it was a lot.  I didn't mean to loose that pound, I am sure it will come back soon.  She also tried to find the heartbeat using a Doppler but wasn't able to find it, I would have been surprised if she had.  She also said from the ultrasound the baby's heartbeat was around 160 bpm. 

We are going to try and be good about taking weekly pictures, so lets hope that happens.  I am feeling good for the most part.  I think my exhaustion is starting to be more manageable, but my 9-10 hours of sleep each night could also be helping.  Nausea varies day to day, hour by hour and usually results in me just gagging until a feel better.  My worse symptom thus far has been acne, holy mother it is terrible.  Worse then when I was a teenager, I bought some new face wash and I am hoping it will help.  But we will see.  

Food cravings are not too bad, the hard part is finding something that sounds good to eat.  I kind of have to wait until I am actually hungry or the nausea starts which also means I haven't eaten in a few hours, and then find something that I think will make me not gag or gag less.  But I can't complain too much, it could be a lot worse. 

So I will try and post each week about how I am feeling and such.  I have a doctors appointment every four weeks until the third trimester and then they become more frequent.  I have a second and final ultrasound around 20 weeks where we could find out the sex but won't be, we want it to be a surprise.  So that is it!  Oh I also added a new feature at the top right of the blog, it is a ticker of how far along I am and has a picture of what the baby should look like. 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the ticker! Hope you start feeling better soon- pregnancy does get better as you get bigger :) So glad everything looks good with Baby!

    ReplyDelete