Friday, September 10, 2010

No Impact Experiment Week: Final Day

So I am really behind on this post but I am finally getting around to it.  The final day of the challenge is to assess how you give back to your community.  I think I metioned this in an earlier post but I really slack on this right now.  I was very involved in the community in college and now that I have moved to a big city, I am not.  I really need to be and want to be but I find that I don't have much time to do so.  Between school and work now there is not much time left over, but I still would like to try. 



So to make the steps I need to find some group that I am interested in, most likely environmentally oriented groups.  When I first moved here I did look for some but didn't find any that seemed to fit me.  So then I slacked and gave up, but I need to get back into the swing of things. 

Right now we are the lowest level of giving back as stated in the No Impact Handbook, we donate money to groups.  Each year we try to donate money to a few groups of our choice, but I know we need to do more than just this.  Even though this is the easiest step in giving back. 

So hopefully in the next year I can make some changes and step to be better about giving back to the community that I live in and love so much.

And now I must go and start packing for a weekend in Kansas City.  I am so excited for the Monday Night Football game that is happening at Arrowhead in a couple of days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment