Tuesday, October 5, 2010

School Update

So school in in full swing now.  Busy with tests, projects, readings, etc.  I am getting to know some of my fellow classmates which is always nice.  There are not a ton of people in my program which is also nice, so most of my classes have the same people.
In seminar, professors are making their way through letting us know their research projects and what they are interested in.  I have found a couple of professors that have similar ideas as I do, which is exciting.  I think I am going to focus on environmental education.  So now I have to start thinking about a thesis idea, so that at the beginning of next semester I can lock down an adviser and begin the thesis and its many components. 
Other exciting news is there is a funding opportunity for next year that I have found already.  It deals with education and I would get a very good stipend on top of funding for my actual school costs.  I am pretty excited about it and will soon start the application process, since the application is due at the beginning of next year.  It is somewhat competitive, but hopefully I can still have a chance.  So we will see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting!
    On another topic, congrats on beginning the second trimester. "Baby's systems are fully formed now." Cool.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete