Wednesday, December 1, 2010

20 weeks





So we have reached the halfway point!  It is exciting that we are already this far into the pregnancy.  I still cannot believe how fast time has gone and how much more I need to do in the next 20 weeks.  Still craving meat, meat and more meat and salads.  Still having occasional heartburn.  I am beginning to feel more regular movement from the baby, especially in the morning when I am eating breakfast and at night when I am laying down to go to sleep.  I feel movement all throughout the day but during these two times there is a lot of movement.  My belly seems really large now, it is sticking out more than my boobs now.  It is now more obvious that I am pregnant.  I can still fit into my regular clothes, which is nice.  I did buy some Old Navy maternity clothes that were on sale recently, but those are all tops which will be nice to start wearing. 

On Monday was our ultrasound.  Everything was measuring good and it was nice to see the baby again.  I personally think it looks a bit like an alien right now but that may just be me.  During the ultrasound it was moving its arms and hands, kicking me and it yawned at one point.  It has a huge belly that you can kind of see on the picture below.  It was really weird seeing bones, the brain and heart.  The heartbeat was 147.  It is very nice to know that everything is developing as it should.  Hopefully when we see the doctor in two weeks she will have a bit more info about the ultrasound, but the ultrasound tech. was very positive in how everything was looking/measuring.  And I think I saw on the screen at some point that it was weighing 11 ounces which is right on track. 



No comments:

Post a Comment