Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Turkey Chili

So this is really late.  I am been kind of lazy with posts lately, especially in the food department.  Partially because I feel like I haven't made anything worth while.  But this was delicious.  We had a lot of left over turkey from Thanksgiving because the people we did Thanksgiving with didn't like dark meat.  I really don't understand that, so we got all the left over dark meat and made turkey chili with it.  I also need to post a recipe to some amazing pumpkin bread I made over the weekend. 

And I don't have a picture because I don't feel like connecting the camera to the computer.  


Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1.5 punds of breast or leg meat
1 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 rib celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 Tbsp. chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups cooked white beans
3 cups chicken stock
sour cream  and cheddar cheese for topping
1. Heat cast iron dish over medium heat.  Add oil and onion, garlic, celery, and carrot to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes.  Add in peppers, cumin and chili powder.  Season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook for 10 minutes until veggies are soft.
2. Add turkey to the pan and add the white beans.  Pour in the chicken stock and stir to mix well.  Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. 
3. Serve with sour cream and cheese.
Serves 6-8

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious; wish I had some left-over turkey right now!
    I love the baby ticker update; "If baby is a girl she now has a lifetime supply of eggs." Isn't that amazing?

    ReplyDelete