Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trifecta Cookies and more

We have been having a very productive day in the kitchen today.  And it is amazing that everything is actually coming out how it should.

It really started yesterday with making some cinnamon applesauce and orange juice.

Today, we have made some homemade yogurt.  I finally got around to using our yogurt maker we received as a wedding gift over two years ago.  I think I still have a couple of wedding gifts that have yet to be used, hopefully I will get to those items soon.

Jeff made some homemade bread.  It is really good and I think it is the best recipe for homemade sandwich bread we have found.  

I also made another awesome batch of baked oatmeal.  This time with peaches and almonds instead of apples and walnuts.  I think it turned out even better. 

And I am saving the best for last.  Trifecta Cookies.
These suckers are amazing.  The best cookie I have made that I can remember.  Especially since moving to Denver.  I always have an issue of them just getting flat and not cooking properly.  But these cookies turned out perfectly.  I made them twice the size they are suppose to be, which I think helped.  Along with knowing the exact temperature of the oven, side note having a thermometer in your oven is the best thing you can do, don't ever trust the temperature it says on the display.  Also refrigerating the dough overnight I think helped.  All I know is these are amazing, and I want to eat them all right now. 

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 creamy natural peanut butter almond butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar coconut sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate bar, chopped coarsely ( used dark chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
Cream together butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract on medium   
  speed for about 3 minutes.  Add the egg and beat to combine. Reduce the speed to low and gradually  
  add in the flour and mix until combined.  Stir in the oats and the chocolate chunks.
Refrigerate the dough overnight or up to 24 hours. Allow dough to sit at room temperature for 30 
  minutes prior to baking.
Scoop the dough with a medium cookie scoop (about two tablespoons) onto lined baking sheet about 
  two inches apart.  Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.  Let cool for a few minutes on baking 
  sheet then move to a wire rack.  Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Makes 22-24 cookies. 12-13 cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment