Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Friday Night Lights


Yes, another football post, but I can't help myself. I am slightly obsessed and really happy that the season is starting soon. Pre-season games start this weekend!

I just finished this book Friday Night Lights and it is really good. It makes me want to move to west Texas and be apart of this type of community, but I won't because that means living in Texas. It is really intriguing how this entire community is centered around football, high school football to be precise. Part of me likes it because of the sense of community, Denver is so big that I feel it would be hard to ever find that. Which is why we are planning on eventually moving elsewhere in Colorado, but that is another topic.

This book also goes into issues of the community, which include, race, economy, politics, etc. Even if you are not a crazy football fan like I am, I think you would enjoy this book. But that is my opinion.

I had not heard about this book honestly, but I was searching for something to fill the void since one of my favorite TV shows just ended, Friday Night Lights. I still cannot believe it is over, but it is slightly based off the book. The show has part of the book that it has adapted but it is not the exact same thing.

So if you are looking for a good non-fiction read, I would suggest this, especially if you do like football.

1 comment:

  1. New follower from tat! Love Friday night lights. Check out my blog at www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com

    ReplyDelete