Wednesday, August 17, 2011

InkHeart


Some books are intriguing, some are just okay, some make you want to live in their story and some make you want to read every single book in the world.

I think Inkheart did the latter for me. Every so often I come across a book that makes me worry I will never be able to read everything I want to read. Just like Fahrenheit 451 did, and just like and Tom Robbins book. These books inspire me to read more and I don't really know how to describe why, they just do.

I will read just about anything and anymore when I am reading a book, it is really easy to guess what is going to happen next. But I didn't experience that with this book. Maybe because I had never heard of it until a friend let me borrow it saying, 'you will like this one'. But I really had no idea where the book was going to go, and it was wonderful. I read a couple of book series over the summer. The Ranger's Apprentice and Artemis Fowl. I enjoyed both series really well, they were adventurous and fun, but they were also very predictable. So it is a nice change of pace to read a fiction book where I didn't know how the ending was going to be, until the end! I just finished InkHeart and now working on InkSpell, I am hoping the rest of the series is as good as the first book.

One bad thing about school starting next Monday! is that I won't have as much leisure time to read what I want to read. I am sure glad I took the chance this summer and read a ton, now it is back to textbooks and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment