Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mommy confessions- Sophie

Today I realized I am one of those moms, the ones that can't stand other children. Well maybe I should rephrase that, I think all other children are gross. I have been drooled on, spit up on, peed on, pooped on by my child and I am not grossed out AT ALL. I find it funny most of the time, the few times I freak out, is because I am getting pooped on at 3 am and not with it and don't know how to function (or know where to start in the cleaning process). But other kids, I find their drool gross and anything it gets on I want to clean, clean, clean. It is not even the idea of germs that grosses me out, but for some reason their slobber and poop and dried snot and pee and spit up make me want to vomit.

So today, Leo and I had a play date with a baby that is the same age, Leo is one week younger to be exact. And it is a boy, I am already looking forward to the craziness those two will be once they are older. I am hoping they are terrors to a degree, because aren't little boys the best! Anyway, this baby looked like he wanted to chew on something, so being the nice mommy I am, I gave him Leo's Sophie to chew on. (Sophie is an amazing giraffe that babies tend to idol, in fact when Leo is chewing on her, if she leaves his mouth he start shrieking until she hops back in there). And I don't know what I was thinking giving this baby Sophie! As soon as he slobbered her up, in less than two seconds, I was regretting it. I was thinking she was tainted forever.

So you know what I did? I GAVE SOPHIE AWAY! I couldn't handle the thought of Leo chewing on it after another baby had given her a slobber bath. Crazy right? But it is okay, Leo won't be traumatized, he won't even know it happened because we have another Sophie! Good thing for duplicates, otherwise I would be either feeling guilty or having to scrub her down until I felt she was slobber free.

I know I need to get over this because as he gets older it will only happen more, I mean kids share toys all the time right? But right now the thought makes me shiver. I promise I am not a germ-a-phobe but for some reason other kids and their slobber and snot and stick hands just is too much to handle right now. I am sure I will eventually get over it. But until then, here is to not sharing toys.

This kid loves Sophie:

No comments:

Post a Comment