Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekly Menu

This week we are going to be munching on:
Mushroom Tetrazzini, we adapted this recipe for mushrooms only!
Pad See Ew, may favorite Thai dish. And as Jeff said 'Why are people so into Chinese food when there is Thai food?' I don't know, I just don't know. We use just regular old broccoli and tofu.
For dinner tonight we had some Jambalaya with buttermilk biscuits. Shrimp was also added, and this dish was very spicy, maybe a tad bit too spicy. Yogurt is going to get bought, in order to fix this problem.
And we also have a Quesadilla Casserole to eat. We added some blanched chard to this, we need some greens every now and then.
We also made salsa, which I am not for sure if it turned out good or not. I am using the 'let it sit' method and will try it again tomorrow.
And I pureed a ton of peaches. Some of these will be for Leo once he starts solids. Some of it will be for my oatmeal in the morning. And some is going to get turned into Peach Sorbet tomorrow night.

While this was happening, we also bought Leo some supplies for when he starts to eat solids, like spoons, to-go tupperware, and sippy cups.
I decided we should start getting him use to the idea of a spoon. I think he enjoys it only because he enjoys anything he can chew on.

No comments:

Post a Comment