Friday, August 19, 2011

What is for dinner next week

With school approaching fast, meaning it starts Monday! Time is going to be a luxury around here. In order to help with this issue, we are going to start making all of our dinner over the weekend. Because with classes and work and a baby there will be no time to make dinner every night. So now I have to search for recipes that will be okay sitting in a fridge for a week after being made.

And since I never get around to taking pictures of food we make anymore, I will just post the links to items we are going to make.

This weekend we are going to make:
- Hummus
- French Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars ( I have been craving peanut butter and chocolate combinations lately. And I made these last night, they are so good!)
- Oatmeal Pancakes and Bacon, breakfast for dinner is always a good choice.
- Curried Red Lentils
- Tomato and Basil Pasta Bake, casseroles are always a good fridge dinner.
- Quinoa Salad with Tahini Dressing and Corn Pudding, I am planning on adding some fresh veggies and olives to the salad. I am usually weary of cold quinoa salads, they always seem so dry, but the other night I thought a tahini dressing would do the trick so I searched for a recipe to my liking. And the corn pudding, I am really excited for this dish, Colorado corn has been so good this summer. I am making sure I eat some every week because soon enough it will be gone, just like the amazing Colorado peaches that are back in season! I think I could eat at least three peaches a day. We are going to by a case of them next week and I am really going to have to strain myself not to eat them all because I would like to make some puree and freeze it for when Leo starts to eat.

So here are our dinners for the week, I am hoping they are all as good as they sound. Nothing is worse that when it sounds good and looks good and then the flavors are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment