Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Toddler Snacks

Leland is always hungry, I swear.  When he wakes up from his naps snacks have to be ready or he was be very crabby.  I am seriously starting to wonder how I will be able to feed this kid as a teenager, between him and Jeff I don't know how we can keep the food stocked with food.

Here are some ideas for snacks that we currently use:

Fruit- this kid loooooves fruit. Bananas, apples, grapes, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, pears

Veggie sticks- this sometimes calms him enough if dinner is soon.  He can't get much off but it will make him chill.

Toast with coconut oil or butter, or even homemade peanut butter (I have recently gotten into this).

Muffins
Homemade Larabars


Cheese

Cheerios- I try to avoid these and use a last minute choice. 

Leland is a champion eater and I can easily give him items that are not recommended for kids his age, such as popcorn and grapes, but please note this is not the norm.  

This summer I am hoping to add in smoothies, yogurt pops, frozen banana bites and yogurt drops.



Do you have any good snack ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Those homemade Larabars look delicious! Unfortunately Andrew is NOT a champion eater so we don't have a ton of options when it comes to snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! We do a lot of similar snacks. We also do dried fruit (apple rings, apricots, strawberries) and hummus. I would say fruit or cheese and crackers are Lucy's favorite, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give Evie a fruit and cheese plate and girlfriend is a happy camper. Banana nut bread with some modifications, carrot cake bread and oatmeal raisin cookies are a favorite (I make all these "healthy"). She also likes sweet potatoes slightly mashed with curry and peas. Evie's like Leland, a great eater.

    ReplyDelete