Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TAT: Future Letter to your Child

This week I am actually co-hosting Toddle Along Tuesday with the delightful Mama G from Growing up Geeky.  Melissa started TAT and I have been following it from the beginning.
This weeks topic is a letter to your child in the future.  I am going to pretend that Leland is about to graduate high school for this letter. 

Leland,

You will at some point think I am wrong about everything and that is okay as long as that period doesn't last forever.  I may not know everything but as you go through life please keep the following tidbits in your head, because these are the truth and are things I have to remind myself every so often.  Some of these things I didn't learn until you were born, but I hope it doesn't take you that long.   
- Always smile: it is often infectious, and can help your own mood when you are not so chipper.
- Never take yourself too seriously: rarely what you are doing is actually as important as you hope.    Take a step back and see how it is part of the bigger scheme in life, then relax.
- When you think you have hit rock bottom, look around and you will most likely find you still have it well, life is still good.
- Be kind, cruelty will never get you anywhere.  Same goes for complaining.
- Mistakes happen, learn from them, don't repeat.

Leland I hope you have a wonderful life and I hope you don't regret anything.  Also I will always be here for you and love you no matter what decisions you make.

Love,
Momma








This week's Toddle Along Tuesday topic is letter to your kid in the future! Let's see what you would like your little one to read in 10, 15, or 20+ years. There are no rules here, except that you link up a relevant post (old or new) rather than your whole blog.




3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Growing Up Geeky. I thought I would stop and say hi, since I also happen to live in the Denver area and have a small child. In fact, I work at NREL (in HR), and based on some of your interests thought you might be familiar with the lab. Anyway, your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete