Friday, November 16, 2012

Mine

Leland has a new word and it is his favorite word- MINE.
He uses it all the time.

And it is annoying.

I know it is a phase and most kids go through it, but I thought it was a phase that happened later.  I am wondering if watching a baby has caused this phase to happen sooner rather than later.  I don't know.

It is a bit sad because at playgroup Leland goes around saying it over and over and all the other kids don't really get it yet.  They look at him and he says it.  They take a step toward him and he says it.

How do I fix this?  Or move past this phase?  Any advice?

Because it is really annoying.

3 comments:

  1. When you find the answers share........ All I know is that this too shall pass! Ashley has been there for about 3 months now... It went from me to mine to Ashley! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I remember you using this word forever! I think it was your first word...like his mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Liam hasn't started the "mine" phase yet, but there are so many other things that I'm like, "Shouldn't he be three when that starts." I just keep hoping it's all just a phase and that I do the best I can to teach him to be a kinder, more thankful kid.

    ReplyDelete